This is another recipe from Dr Joel Fuhrman’s Eat to Live Cookbook, and oh what a delight.
They’re so delicious that I’m eating them now as I put this post together. They’re very, very moreish.
If you’re finding it difficult to get your kids to eat Kale then try this recipe, they’ll love them and be asking for more.
1 bunch of Kale, tough stems and centre ribs removed
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp. raw cashew butter
1/4 cup of water
1. Preheat the oven to 110 degrees C or 225 degrees F
2. Break kale leaf into two pieces
3. Place remaining ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
4. Add kale leaves and massage the mixture into the kale.
5. Spread the kale out onto a cooking tray without overlapping the pieces. Using baking paper will prevent sticking and make it easier to turn the pieces over.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until crispy and dry, turning occasionally to prevent burning.
Note: The full proof and easiest way to cook is by using a dehydrator. I set mine to 60 degrees C and cooked for about 90 minutes. This way there is no need to turn them and it is very difficult to over do them.