Who would ever think that a raw carrot cake could be so tasty. Give it a try and you won’t be sorry.
For those who would also like the recipe in written form the details are as follows;
For the carrot cake base:
– 2 cups carrot pulp (see note below for instructions on using whole carrots)
– 1/2 cup pecans, soaked 6+ hours, drained & rinsed
– 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut
– 1 Fuji apple, cored and cut into medium size pieces
– 1 quarter size chunk of ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the frosting:
– 1 1/4 cup cashews, soaked 6+ hours, drained and rinsed
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
– 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon lemon juice
– 3 Medjool dates, pitted
– 1/3 cup water, more or less for desired consistency
1. For the frosting: In a high-speed blender blend all the above frosting ingredients, minus the water. Add the water in slowly using just enough to blend making it creamy. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
2. For the cake: Place the chunks of apple into the food processor. Blend until it becomes coarsely shredded. Be careful not to over process. It should be coarse pieces. Then add the carrot pulp along with all the rest of the ingredients above for the cake mix. Pulse until it becomes a coarse sticky mix. Once again, make sure to not over process.
NOTE: If using whole carrots cut them into medium size chunks and add them with the apple to blend, making coarse pieces.
Press the mix evenly into a non stick loaf dish, then add the frosting generously on top. Place in freezer for about one hour. Take out of the fridge and let it sit for about 25 minutes before eating. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and voila’!